Saturday, 15 November 2008

Sulking on Saturday

Someone is sulking today.
Who could it be?

Clue 1: Sulky muzzle and paw

Clue 2: Sulky eye
It’s me, Angel.


I am Sulking.

I am sulking because there are three kitten guests in the bedroom
It is my bedroom, not theirs.
They may only be here until Monday but that is not the point.
It is still my bedroom, not theirs.

I choose who gets to share that bedroom.
I did not choose those kittens. I was not asked.
I haven’t lived all these years to be told to make do with the other 23 sleeping places.
Making do just won’t do.
All those other sleeping places are wrong.
Today, the only place I could possibly sleep is in my bedroom

Let the kittens have all those other sleeping places
I want mine.

Note from Mum: This weekend we have 3 kittens staying over. They were rescued by the Head Nurse at our Vets, from a hoarder. There is building work taking place at the Vets this weekend, and it will be too noisy for kittens. We will post the weekend kitten adventure on Monday or Tuesday. The kittens are all from different litters and have been very poorly with flu, but are now in good shape and very lively!

*returns the blog back to the cats*

..................

In other news

We Won Nico & Cloud's Cattion Competition!

Here is our Prize Award!It was really good fun taking part! Thanks Cats In Maryland for holding the competition!

Have a wonderful weekend every cat & bean!

33 comments:

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Oh dear! Poor Angel! How perfectly awful for you. We do feel for you and hope you will get your bedroom back as soon as possible!

Your Friends,
Sen-Chan, Tom and Tama-Chan

Parker said...

Angel, I don't know how you can possibly endure only 23 sleeping spots. At least you live up to your name. You are being a wonderful angel for the good of those kittens!

Forever Foster said...

Angel, I hear you loud and clear. The kittens stoled my room. It was my room. I had boxes that I sat on and watched the birds and felt the sun on my furs. But it was taken. The humans call it the kitten room. But it was my room first, and when I figure out my plan, it will be my room again...
-Suey

P.S. from my mum: we are so happy the kittens are in a safe place where they will recieve the care they deserve. Have fun with them!:)

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Poor Angel, we do feel for you.It's not fair to be turfed out of your very own room for the kittens. The Beans should have given up their room for them instead.

Cory said...

Oh Angel, I can relate...every stinkin' time a new cat comes in the house they claim one of the best rooms for sleeping in the house (with the exception of Bennette who just took over the whole house from the get go). Pouting doesn't help. The only cure for the blues is a good game of swatting under the door.

The Island Cats said...

Angel, we know how you feel...we want what we want and we want it now!!! Not later! Now!

(But you mum is doing a nice thing taking in those kittens...and it's only for a short while....)

Anonymous said...

Angel, the weekend will be over before you know it. And I bet you might discover a fun new sleeping spot in the process. Maybe. No? Well, you can come hang out with me if you need someone to talk to.

Kiddo

Fat Eric said...

Sorry to hear about your bad weekend Angel. Come over to my house, you can sleep anywhere you like!

Kittens? My human wants to know if there will be kitten pictures so she can go SQUEEEEEEEEE?

Quill and Greyson said...

Poor Angel, you do look so beautiful while sulking though. Thank goodness Mommy has never been a kitten keeper or we would be over run.

Christine and FAZ said...

Don't forget to stop sulking before dinner time. I did that once and sulked right through to the next morning. FAZ

Sweet Purrfections said...

I know what you mean, Angel. Wherever we want to sleep at that particular moment in time is our sleeping place. How dare your mom let some other kitties take your place?

Just kidding, Mom. I are proud of you for taking care of them.

Milton said...

I was a foster kitten for a little when I was furrrrry young. I think that the kittens are just waiting to be awesome! Somewhere else, but awesome just the same.

You deserve many treats for giving up your spot to a foster.

Anonymous said...

Hi guys, you are all so beautiful! thanks for stoppin' by and I will have mother dearest look you up more often! Have a good, safe weekend w/such a full house.

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

It is really hard when your house gets taken over....I know.
--JB

Squirrel said...

beautiful cat!!! nuzzle nuzzle...

Daisy said...

Angel, I do not blame you for sulking. You deserve many, many treats for putting up with this.

Cat with a Garden said...

Angel, you shouldn't have to put up with that at your age! Resort to sulking and ignore the bedroom for a while even when they're gone. Maybe there's a whole new spot somewhere to sleep!?
Lovely weekend to you,
Siena

(angel) Grrreta and Fam said...

Sulking is an excellent tactic. Hopefully your beans will feel extreme guilt, and compensate with extra scritches, snuggles, and treats. You are doing a very nice thing by letting the kittens stay in your room.

Team Tabby said...

Would an award make you feel better? Come to our blog to collect it.

Mindy, Moe, Bono

Jimmy Joe said...

Oh man, Angel, I am very sorry that you don't get to nap in the bedroom this weekend. It sounds like it's gonna be a rough weekend.
Your buddy, Jimmy Joe

CROW Cat Rescue said...

Bummer, Angel. I hope Monday comes quickly for you.

You're doing a good thing, though. I know you know that. :)

Jack, Persephone, Tenzing and Lancelot said...

Oh, Angel, we know how you feel. we had an introoder kitty in our sunning, caving, playing-with-string room for a WEEK! But he went back to the shelter, so we got it back.

I hope you get your bedroom back soon.

~Persephone

Anonymous said...

hehe My Fur Mommas name is Angel.. I think you would make a good Momma too!? maybe do you think you are not sulking because you do not have your room, but moreso because you want to Momma those kitties in there? :)
You is a very pretty Lady Angel, and modern too! I just noticed how your lovely eyes are lined with white.. Momma is very jelous.. all she has is permanent black hehe

V-V

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Such a beautiful cat! Poor kitty having to share your sleeping places with kittens ;-P!

Cheers,

Rosa

The Florida Furkids said...

Only 23 places to sleep? That is just not right!!! We think you need to demand extra attention for having to put up with this!!

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

Boy said...

Thank you for coming over to mine party! It was gweat fun!

Dr Tweety of da Fab Five said...

Oh my heavenz!!! Kittenzez??? Oh Angel.. I do nots blame you one minuet fur sulkin." I tink I would be growlin' & whappin'!
Mebbe you should come oevfur here fur a few dayz... den mebbe your momee will haz returned doze kittenzez fur credit.
Congratsez on your awardie though.Mebbe dat will cheerz you up.
-Dr Tweety

Luna und Luzie said...

Poor Angel, sharing the bedroom with kitten is very hard. Hope you have the bedroom for yourself again soon .
I think your mom has a big heart for the poor kitten.
Luna

Tiff said...

Aw...even while sulking you are gorgeous!
That is sweet of you to have the kittens stay there...think of it as a sleepover. :)

~Meg & Jack (The Guyzos)

Lux said...

Congratulations on winning the competition! :)

That's so great of you to help the three little kitties ...

Chrissie said...

Poor Angel-baby! I'm so sorry you've been turfed out of your favorite sleepin' spot. I must say, tho', that those 3 little kittens will be very grateful for such a warm, safe place to stay. They won't be there very long, Angel.

Whimpurr said...

Sweet Angel girl, they will be gone soon and your bedroom will be all yours again! Sending you kisses and belly rubs! ;o)

L. Alida said...

Oh pretty Angel! I'm sure you will find a nice cozy spot somewhere in the house. Your Mum is very sweet and kind to care for the kittens! I bet you will get some extra treats for being so put upon. I hope you all had a happy weekend!
Hugs and Purrs,
Lorianna